Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shovels Rule!





Heres my main ride. A 1981 FLH80 Classic, Bobber. Smoked a buck deer with it in 2005. Never dumped it, just bent the hell outta the front fender. Thats why it has a Honda chromie on the front. I like that alot. It did tweek a left front fork tube,so it will need replaced.
Never was too hooked on the paint job, but I didnt buy it on cosmetics. I bought it because it had all the possible upgrdes that could be done in a practical manner that I would have had to do myself. Dual Belt Drives, S&S super E, Andrews HB cam, Chrome through out. It had only 3200 miles on it when I bought it four years ago. It sports 21,500 miles on it now, and runs good, no oil leaks, starts 2nd or 3rd kick when cold. Everything works, signals, electric start, everything. I want to repaint it in the worst way, buteveryone who knows me would hang me. Seems it has grown on every one. The paint was done in Oklahoma. Uncle Mike says colors like this are pupular in the south. Bright.. Last year was a nightmere with this bike. Lots of clutch and belt issues, both primary and secondsay, electrical problems...I finally tinkered with everything and all is well. Had a great season on it.
It is capable of 125mph. Never ran it through the qtr mile or dyno'd it. Dont care.

No comments:

Post a Comment